There are so many fun things to do on (and around) 30A that it’s hard to choose favorites, but we tried really hard. Here are a few kid-approved things for your “30A must-do list.”
Dance and play among the lights in the Alys Beach splash pad while an outdoor movie or concert plays on the green.
Fly a kite on the beach. Pick a really cool one that you can keep and display once you get home.
3. Become a certified Florida State Parks Junior Ranger! Stop by Eden State Gardens, Topsail State Park or Grayton Beach State Park and ask for a Junior Park Ranger packet. They’ll be glad to help you get started. And, it’s free!
4. Walk underneath a dune canopy and discover the Prayer of the Woods in Grayton Beach State Park.
5. Grab a shaved ice from Frost Bites in Seaside.
6. Hunt for ghost crabs and stargaze on the beach at night.
7. Go Stand Up Paddle boarding on a coastal dune lake.
8. Grab a helmet and a bike and ride from Seaside to Grayton Beach.
9. Have a bonfire on the beach.
10. Take surf lessons!
11. Go to a concert in the Seaside amphitheater.
12. Head over to the Sandestin Marina for a luau. Eat Hawaiian food and watch a fireworks display over the Bay!
13. Explore the Choctawhatchee Bay in a real Airboat! 30A Airboat Adventures offers tours every two hours out of Point Washington.
14. Volunteer to work the lemonade stand in front of Gigi’s Fabulous Kids’ Fashion & Toys in Rosemary Beach. You’ll be raising money for a no-kill animal shelter in Freeport while making new friends.
15. Grab a snorkel and a mask and check out the NEW artificial reef installed just offshore of Grayton Beach State Park’s beach walkway. It’s shaped like a giant sea turtle and has attracted a ton of fish and even a resident sea turtle!